Friends & Family Program
Our ongoing “Friends & Family” program aims to raise ongoing funds towards our programs and camps. You can make periodic donations, or sign up to give an amount each month.
Here are some examples of what your donation will help us achieve:
- $10/month pays for one child to participate in a Social Opportunity group like bowling or LEGO Friendship Club
- $25/month provides financial assistance for three children at Fitness Zone – SWIM
- $40/month provides three parent education workshops
- $50/month helps pay for a youth to attend two weeks of Blaze Summer Camp
- $100/month provides six families with one month of Saturday afternoon respite through our Break Away program
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENT1) directly by downloading the Friends and Family Support Form; OR 2) on-line donation through Canada Helps
- CHEQUES – mail to the Resource and Learning Centre
- DEBIT – drop by the Centre, we’d love to see you!
Give to United Way where you work or live and direct your donation to Precious Minds
We are very privileged to receive some funding each year from United Way – Durham Region and we thank all those in our community who contribute to the United Way campaigns that make their funding possible.
Does your company have a matching program for payroll deductions made to United Way campaigns? Did you know that you can also help Precious Minds through United Way by designating all or a portion of your United Way donation directly to Precious Minds? This applies to payroll deductions or a single gift.
Here is the information you may require on your United Way form:
- Organization Name: Precious Minds Support Services
- Charitable Registration Number: 86747 6319 RR0001
- Mailing Address: 21980 Highway 12, Sunderland, ON L0C 1H0
Please note that donations made through United Way campaigns will be receipted directly by United Way.
“As a long time volunteer for United Way of York Region and a Leadership level participant, I always encourage companies and their employees to sign up to have donations directly deducted from their paycheque. This is an easy way to make a donation that is often matched by the employer thus making the total contribution greater. It also has some personal tax advantages and helps with annual financial planning. As well, on the donation registration form there is a place to direct all or a percentage of your donation to the charity of your choice, even if it is outside of your company’s campaign area. Each year I select Precious Minds!”
Your Company’s Giving Program
- Does your workplace support charities?
- Many companies focus their grants/donations around areas of interest of their employees.
- We encourage you to tell your company about Precious Minds – contact us and we can provide you with additional information.
“When I chose to participate in the payroll charitable contribution through my employer, I wanted to pick a charity close to my heart and my family. I requested that Precious Minds be added to the list of possible options and I let all of my colleagues that live in Durham Region know about this local and worthy option. The donation is automatically deducted painlessly from each paycheque. I feel good and each month Precious Minds can count on the donation!”